A Guide to Treating Colored Hair
It's a new year, and as part of the "new you," you're trying out something a little different. It's exciting to update your look by color-treating your hair, but that's the whole story. You've probably already considered ways you'll need to take extra-special care with your natural hair to ensure your hair is as healthy, strong, and resilient as you need it to be.
Luster’s Pink knows how important it is to update your look now and again. That's why we offer such a range of products to meet your natural hair care needs. We've got a range of specialty products that target your color-treated hair to give you the essential nutrients that will help you look and feel your best this season!
Here are a few tips to help you keep your colored hair strong and resilient:
Everyday Care is Essential.
You don't have to wash your hair every day with your daily hair care routine, but you do need to keep it looking healthy and moisturized.
- Our favorite go-to oil application for daily use is the Lush Growth Oil. Just take some oil and work it into your hair from tip to root for the deep revitalization you need. It not only soothes your dry scalp, which is so common with colored hair, but it makes your natural hair feel healthier and stronger.
- Be sure to use Pink® Conditioning Shampoo to get the most out of your weekly washing. This specially formulated shampoo revives your natural hair to restore your oils and moisture balance. It’s extra-gentle too, which makes it perfect for your color-treated hair.
- Follow your shampooing with Pink® Shea Butter Moisturizing & Smoothing Conditioner as the guard you need against dry, brittle hair, with a focus on preventing fading.
Be Gentle with Yourself.
We should all have a sign hanging up to see it every day. It should say: "Be gentle with yourself." That goes for your hair too. Don't tear through it, even if you are already late and you've got a mountain of stuff to do before you head out the door.
- Use a wide-tooth comb to detangle your hair.
- Take special care when you’re washing and moisturizing
- Use our Pretty-n-Silky Detangling Spray to make combing easy, without breakage. It's also got a leave-in conditioner with provitamin B5, which will help to improve the moisture retention of your natural hair, even when it's color-treated.
Protect Your Hair.
With colored hair, you need to take special care of your natural hair. We've already talked a bit about what you can do during the day, but nighttime is critical too. In most cases, your head doesn't leave the pillow for more than 6 hours. So, here's what you can do:
- Apply Pink® Lush Growth Oil to keep your scalp healthy as you revitalize your natural hair with its rich blend of extracts, oils, and vitamins.
- Divide your hair and put it into ponytails or another simple (not-too-tight) hairstyle to keep it from knotting or matting.
- Then, wrap your hair in a silk scarf to protect it and keep it from damaging.
Luster’s Pink is here to support your hair care needs with the best revitalization and renewal "magic" we can formulate for your colored hair. We use the products on our hair, and we've proven the power of their efficacy as they strengthen and rejuvenate your hair. Try these tips at home with your hair. We know you'll see the difference, and we look forward to celebrating your beautiful new hair!